A little bit of Phi Sigma Kappa history
Our fraternity has had a long and noteworthy past. Although many of us finished our new member education many years ago, we thought it was time to share a few more fun facts about the history of Phi Sigma Kappa.
- Phi Sigma Epsilon, one of the original groups that joined to form Phi Sigma Kappa, existed as an underground organization until 1912 due to the fact that they were considered an outlaw organization.
- Phi Sigma Epsilon merged with Phi Sigma Kappa on August 14, 1985 to form today’s fraternity.
- Phi Sigma Kappa was founded as a “society to promote morality, learning and social culture.”
- Started as a general fraternity, Phi Sigma Kappa is now a honorary scholarship society.
- The official fraternity motto is “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
Interested in reading more? Check our the national fraternity’s history page here.